Seeking Suggestions for Aligning Grid Graph with Isometric Tilemap

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working on a 2D project that involves using a grid graph with an isometric Tilemap. While the recent updates have made it easier to align the grid graph directly from the inspector, I’m facing some challenges with getting the alignment just right for isometric tiles.

Here are the specific issues I’m encountering:**

Misalignment of Tiles- The grid graph doesn’t seem to match up perfectly with the isometric Tilemap, causing some visual discrepancies.

Trigonometry Calculation Errors- Despite the simplification provided by the inspector, I suspect there might still be some underlying issues with the trigonometry calculations for isometric tiles.

Tilemap Scaling Problems- There seems to be a mismatch in the scale settings between the Tilemap and the grid graph, leading to further alignment problems.

When I was searching about this I came across to these resources Lining up isometric 2d grid with tile map uipath installation

And as per them I tried the following-

I Double-checked the Tilemap properties and grid graph settings in the inspector.

All the isometric settings are correctly configured.

I also attempted manual adjustments to the grid graph parameters without much success.

But didn’t get any solution.

Now what I’m looking for-

Best Practices: Any advice on best practices for aligning grid graphs with isometric Tilemaps would be greatly appreciated.

Configuration Tips: Specific tips on configuring the grid graph settings for isometric tiles.

Trigonometry Insights: Insights into potential trigonometry issues and how to resolve them.

Scaling Solutions: Suggestions on ensuring the Tilemap and grid graph scales are consistent.

If anyone has faced similar challenges or has experience with this setup, I would love to hear your insights and solutions. Screenshots, example configurations, or code snippets would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards
Abigaillvanova

Hi

Do you have any screenshots of it not aligning?
And the settings you are using for your tilemap?