Navmesh Generation Performance?

I’m trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on this asset, primarily because Unity’s navmesh generation is prohibitively expensive for my chunk loading (procedural open world). Does this asset’s recast graph perform better? The free version doesn’t provide it so I can’t do any benchmarking, and I’d like to know there’s a hope it will perform better before drop the cash.

Hi

In the beta version, I think my package would win when it comes to procedural chunk loading (see ProceduralGraphMover - A* Pathfinding Project).
When it comes to scanning a full graph, I think the performance is roughly the same.

If it turns out that my package does not solve your problem, I can of course offer a refund.

Edited to delete this comment, scratch all this junk I was asking.

I switched to the beta release, added the recast graph with the procedural graph mover and it’s suspiciously fast compared to re-scanning the grid at runtime in the current official release. I’m not sure what’s so different under the hood with the new graph mover, but it’s looking like I can make this work. Thanks Aron.

1 Like