Multiple Grids cannot path from one to another

I have an environment with many rooms and I would like each room to have their own grid (Consider this a large world and space in between makes it very pointless to have grids, wasted memory and probably calculations).

I would assume that we could have multiple grids in the Astar Path component (because I can add them) but when I add multiple ones I cannot get my agent to go from one grid to the other. I am using the Seeker script with a target that I drag around. He paths to the target on the grid he starts but when I move the target to the other grid he cant get there.

I read over this thread but I do not have these options in the editor or can get him to work.

I am using the free version right now and am comparing this to another A* pathfinding (Not a fan of Unitys).

Does this A* pathfinding support linking between grids and if so can someone please give me details on how to accomplish this. I am using the most recent version 3.8.2

1 Like

So after further investigation I found the Procedural example. However this has some issues. When the procedural gird mover runs and re-creates the grid; at times it creates areas that are not walkable (or has a penalty). A good example for this would be on a flat quad in the world. This should be similar to the example provided but the gird shows issues and the entity doesn’t move to go.

Is this a know issue? or am I missing a setting?

Hi

Sorry for the late answer.

The procedural grid mover will recalculate the necessary parts of the graph using the same code as it uses to calculate the graph initially when the game starts. You will need to make sure that your world exists (if you are streaming it) when the grid reaches that position. If this is not the case, do you think you could post a screenshot of the grid and the level?

you didnt answer the question.