Inaccurate Walkability Areas in GraphUpdateScene when using Points

Hi,

I’m using a GridGraph on a basic Terrain object. I added a mountain mesh and I want to make it impassable. Unfortunately the mountain mesh has a bit of ground on it which I want to have be passable. If I allow the bounding cube to be used in GraphUpdateScene it will properly flag the corresponding nodes in GridGraph as impassable, but that includes the ground which I want passable. When I try defining points, even the same dimensions as the bounding box, I get many fewer impassable nodes. I’ve tried setting Min Bound Height to relatively high, but it’s still really inaccurate.

Here I’m just trying to get the mountain, but it’s missing about half of them.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I know the Y values aren’t exactly at 0, but I get the same results when Y = 0 on all the points.

Hi

I know there is a bug at the moment which can cause the GraphUpdateObject to update the wrong region if the object it is attached to (or a parent object) is scaled in some way. Is this the case for you?

Ah, you’re absolutely right. If I remove the scaling and re-scan it fits perfectly. I’ll keep an eye out for future patch notes.

The fix should be included in the 4.1.2 beta which was just released.

Thanks! It works perfectly.

1 Like