Automatic nodelink placer tool

Howdy folks, here’s a link to an automatic nodelink placement tool. Cheers to @ToastyStoemp for modifying it to A*PP

Discussed here:

3 Likes

Another purpose for this tool could be to find unreachable navigation regions and remove them. Can clean up the navmesh significantly.

Hey all!

I’ve just uploaded a newer version of the auto placer. ( Link )
Changes made:

• Added an additional wall check for vertical jumps, and the debugging to analyze issues.
  • Added an automatic Invert Y for Grid Graphs.
  • Added support for multiple Graphs and Graph types to be used at the same time, and link between these.

Disclaimer: This tool does only work with version 4.2.10 or higher. Earlier versions have a bug in the
GetContours() function!

Enjoy the tool!

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing this script with the rest of us, it works really well!

I wish it could be pinned to the top of the forums.

3 Likes

Apologies for the ignorance, but how do I actually use/install this? I’m not certain where I would need to put the script or where whatever menus this create would exist.

You can place this script on any object in your scene, it will automatically execute when you hit Scan on A*. Once placed on an object there is also a button to generate the links for already existing graphs.

3 Likes

Oh wow, thanks for the very quick response. That did it, it’s working now. Also, it turns out I had forgotten to rename the file from “Autoplace NodeLinks on Navmeshes” to the actual class name of “NavMeshLinks_AutoPlacer”, that was what was primarily giving me trouble.

I’m gonna make very good use of this, Thank you very much!

1 Like

So we place this on every obstacle, building and ground object that is part of the nav mesh?

You only need 1 of these in your scene, you could for example place it on the A* object.

1 Like

Hi ~, this tool seems would also find link between different part of the same graph, is there any setting to avoid this kind of link? Like only concentrate on link among different graph

Hey it’s been a while since I’ve worked with and on this project, and I don’t have any test environment right now, but I’ve added a few lines of code that should do the trick. Here is a link to the updated version: https://gist.github.com/ToastyStoemp/49ba29df877e8b7574ad67549b7a4998

1 Like

Thank you so much ~! It’s work!

1 Like