Navmesh Cut Cutting Multiple Recast Graphs

Hi!

Sorry if this has been asked already. I wasn’t able to find anyone else asking it. I have a project in Unity 2020.3.22f1 using A* Pathfinding Project Pro 4.2.17 from the Asset Store. I have 2 Recast Graphs in the scene. There is a large AI with Seeker > Traversable Graphs set to Graph 1, a large rock with a Navmesh Cut > Affected Graphs set to Graph 1, and a small rock with a Navmesh Cut > Affected Graphs set to Graph 0:

(AI1)2021-11-28 18_11_04-A-Star Pathfinding Project - SampleScene - PC, Mac & Linux Standalone - Unity 20

(Rock Type2 04 - 1)2021-11-28 18_12_19-Utilities

The AI paths around the large rock on Graph 1 correctly, but it also paths around the small rock on Graph 0. The AI also has a Raycast Modifier and a Simple Smooth Modifier in case that makes any difference. I might be doing something wrong, but I haven’t been able to figure out what. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hi

It looks like the small rock is not cut using a navmesh cut, but instead because it is included in the recast graph rasterization process. Are you sure it is excluded from the original scan?

Aron,

First of all, thank you for the wonderful asset!

Ah, now I understand! Actually, both rocks were included in the recast graph rasterization process. I created a new layer, put both rocks on that layer, made sure that layer wasn’t selected in the Layer Mask, and now it is working as I expected. Thanks!

1 Like