Having trouble with recast navmesh

I’m basically working on cars being able to drive aorund an obstacle, I wanted the robots to be able to walk on the easy roads assets, and I made the side of the road have heavy penalties. The robots are not moving at all, any idea what would be causing this?

Can anyone see this?

Hi

If you have two very distinct units (cars and robots here) I would strongly recommend that you use two different graphs for that. See this tutorial for more info about this: https://arongranberg.com/astar/docs/multipleagenttypes.html

Note also that this package does not have any code specific for road networks.

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your response. I do not need the robots I am using them to prove the concept, I need the vehicles to drive up to an obstacle and drive around it if they are alllowed to. There ius something wrong with how the recast graph is clipping

Hi

I don’t think you will get good road following paths using a recast graph I’m afraid. Road pathfinding is not really something that this package is intended to support well. A point graph would be better for the road (or some more specialized pathfinding for roads) and then when you detect that the road has an obstacle on it, you could switch to using a local grid graph to navigate around the obstacles and then back on the road.