A* Grid Layout Setup in isomatric way

I am working on game in which i need A* pathfinding to work on isomatric grid with 2d XY Plane.

I have Installed A* Pathfinding Project and imported package for “AStar Pathfinding Project AIPath”.

I have opened AStar Pathfinding Project AIPath scene and tried to set Isomatric grid for whole layout.

But unfortunately i could not get perfect grid isometric structure .

Please help me out to set this basic structure so that i can move ahead to use A* Pathfinding techniques.

Hi

Maybe you could show a screenshot of what you are getting and what you want to achieve?

Hi

You will need to rotate the graph so that it lies in the XY plane. A rotation by + or - 90 degrees around the X axis should do it.

I have already rotated on X axis by 90 degrees.

Ok. Considering your world is also rotated 45 degrees around the Z axis, have you done that to the graph as well?

Ok I rotated my Object Transform 45 degrees on z axis as well as graph also.

Ah wait. Due to how rotations work, there is a gimbal lock there, so it might not have the rotation you want (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimbal_lock).
Try the rotation 45, 90, 90 instead (or possibly 135, 90, 90 depending on which axis you want to shrink the graph along).

Ok. Grid is not getting shrink. I tried 135 , 90 , 90 .

Could you post a screenshot?

I am not able to post right now.

Well, that seems almost right now.
Now you probably only need to adjust the isometric angle a bit to get it to line up.
You don’t seem to use the standard isometric projection, but instead a much smaller angle.

Yea i have not set isometric angle. But how can i have each grid size equal to that tile size of Base ?

Increase the node size or the width/depth fields (depending on what resolution you want).

After Increasing Width and Depth its still not proper.

Current setting is :slight_smile:

Ok All Setting is done.

Thanks a lot for helping me. Moving forward for using A* Pathfinding. :slight_smile: