Trying to chain together multiple NodeLink2

Hi, I’m trying to chain together multiple NodeLink2s and the ends do seem to link together but they seem determined to also always connect to the closest point on my recast graph even when it is far below them. How can I keep them from automatically linking to points on the recast graph or preferably limit how far away they will connect to it?

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been sick these last few weeks.
NodeLink2 only connects two points on existing graphs. They cannot connect to each other, I’m afraid.

That’s ok, I saw the message about it and I hope you are feeling better now.

Would it be possible for me to make a custom version of the nodeLink 2 with intermediate points then?
If I created a double node at the start point, a few lone nodes in the middle, and then another double node at the end would the pathfinding be able to follow it and still treat it like a RichSpecial?
I’m guessing probably not…

If you have any ideas let me know, otherwise I’m just going to try out a few things and see if any of it works.
Thanks.

1 Like

I think so, but I’m not 100% sure. The NodeLink2 already creates new nodes for the start and end points, but it explicitly avoids linking to other node links.