SyncTransformsToEntitiesSystem can we use it to just sync localtransform component for entities?

Curious if we can just use SyncTransformsToEntitiesSystem by itself to synch localtransform positions?

Hi

No, it only works with the FollowerEntity component.
But I guess you can copy the code to your own system and do whatever you want with it.

oh strange. i have GOs with FollowerEntity attached to it but reading the LocalTransform, i don’t see the values being updated

i made my own transform sync and using that i can detect the positions being changed…

Ensure that FollowerEntity → Position Sync is set to “Move agent with transform”.

yea its set as that.
i do add the FollowerEntity script on runtime and then configure it there (if that matters)

So you are saying that even though the FollowerEntity is moving in the scene, its LocalTransform is not changing, as seen via the entities inspector?

i used EntityManager.GetComponentData(entity).Position

to output the position to check.

so interestingly it maybe the way i am creating the entity.
so i use EntityManager to create Entity and then i add components to it, including LocalTransform.
however then i also create a GO and link to the Entity and then add FollowerEntity script.
looking at the inspector, I see the Entity has the LocalTransform component and that is not updated.
however if i look at FollowerEntity itself, I can see the LocalTransform there IS updated.

so i am guessing is just how I am configuring the entity.

Which might be fixed if i can get the pure ecs working for my stuff

Yes, that sounds like you have two entities instead of just one.