RichAI does not find path

Hello,

I was using Unity’s built-in navigation solution but was not satisfied with its local avoidance and other strange behaviors which occurred. Therefore we wanted to use A* Pathfinding Project Pro.

Our problem is, that the agents only move if we apply the AIPath component. If we apply the RichAI component, the agents don’t move at all and hasPath always returns false.

Is there anything specific we should know about the RichAI component?

We are on the latest version.
The same RecastGraph was used in both cases.
RaycastGroundMask is set correctly.
CanMove and CanSearch are turned on.
Tried it with the DestinationSetter component as well as the direct assignment of destination.

Regards

Do you have the pro version? Because I think that RichAI only works if you have pro.

Yes, I do have the pro version.
I believe even RecastGraph is exclusive to it.

Hi

That’s strange. Do you think you could post a screenshot of your settings here?

Maybe you could compare it to the example scenes and see if anything differs?

Are you sure no error messages are logged? (try to also enable path logging under A* Inspector -> Settings)

Thanks for the tipps.
With enabled path logging I get the information:
Path Completed : Computation Time 0.00 ms Searched Nodes 0 Path Length 1
and
Path Failed : Computation Time 0.00 ms Searched Nodes 0
Error: Couldn’t find a node close to the end point

I just copied the example bot over into my scene and it also doesnt move. There must be something wrong with the graph. I’ll send a screenshot later.

EDIT:
Oh, I have two graphs, a grid graph and a recast graph. Could it be that the RichAI somehow tries to get the path from the grid graph?

Hi

Hmm. If those graphs are overlapping that could be an issue. Try to set the valid graphs on the Seeker component to only the recast graph?