Recast Graph not generating path all the way up a ramp

I have a dynamic world assembled at runtime. I’m running a recast graph after the world is generated. Everything seems to work fine, except I cannot get paths to go all the way up simple ramps.

In this image, I’ve asked for a path at the top of the ramp, but it’s only going halfway up. I’ve search the forum history, but haven’t found anything that changes the behavior.

Any ideas?

Hi

For a navmesh path, you’ll likely want to add the funnel modifier to the agent (if you are using the aipath or ailerp movement scripts).
If this doesn’t help, what seeker settings and package version are you using?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I’m doing the movement manually. Just using the pathfinding part of the package. I don’t think it’s a following problem though since the initial path is just not producing points all the way up the ramp.

Package is 5.1.6. Unity is 2022.3.44f1.

Seeker Settings:

Call to start the pathing is pretty vanilla:

ABPath path=ABPath.Construct(startPosition, targetPosition);
		mSeeker.StartPath(path, OnSeekerPathComplete);

Path settings:

Hi

With End Point Snapping set to Closest On Node Surface, it should be finding a path to the exact spot you clicked. Check the Y coordinate if your target position too.

In any case you will likely want the Funnel modifier instead of the raycast modifier. It is much better suited for navmesh/recast graphs.

Thanks. I think I have this part figured out now.