Raycast Modifier & Tags Problem

I’m having the same issue as in this thread, i.e. raycast modifier is ignoring tags: raycast-modifier-not-respecting-graph-tags

I understand this has been addressed in the beta version, but unfortunately I can’t use the beta version. I’m on 4.2.15 (pro version) with a grid graph setup.

The thread quoted above has a workaround solution, but they are using a NavMeshGraph with AILerp. I’m wondering, if there is a similar workaround available for GridGraph and AIPath, which is what I’m using.

Thanks!

Hi Aron,

Sorry to bump this, but is there any chance to get modifiers and tags working in the current version?
Thanks!

I’m looking at buying this asset for my game, but need tags to work without problems. Did you get this issue resolved?

Steve

Unfortunately not, no. I haven’t heard back from Aron either. It’s a great pathfinding asset, but if you need tags to work, then I guess you’re out of luck. I believe there is a beta in the works that should fix this eventually, but I have no idea when that will be rolled out and if there will be a bug fix for the current version. We have a few more weeks to go before this issue becomes a bottleneck, so hopefully I’ll get some sort of a response before then. We’re too far in with this asset to rip it all out and start over again with a different one.

That’s not very encouraging to hear. With that sort of a price tag, you’d expect all advertised features to work. @aron_granberg Aron, can you weigh in on this one and provide an update?

Steve

Hi

Sorry for the late response.
This is working in the beta version (version 4.3.20 and up). You can download the beta here: https://www.arongranberg.com/astar/download. Note that the beta is mostly a beta because it uses Unity components which are also in beta (e.g. the burst compiler). It’s probably more stable than the non-beta version.

In case you cannot upgrade to the beta you could try replacing your raycast modifier with the one from the beta (https://pastebin.com/2AmxPmNp). I’m not 100% sure it doesn’t rely on APIs introduced in the beta, but you can try.

Thanks Aron,

I just tried to replace the modifier, but I get 6 errors after doing so:

Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Modifiers/RaycastModifier.cs(311,27): error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'Pathfinding.GridNodeBase' to 'UnityEngine.Vector3'

Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Modifiers/RaycastModifier.cs(311,47): error CS1503: Argument 2: cannot convert from 'Pathfinding.GridNodeBase' to 'UnityEngine.Vector3'

Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Modifiers/RaycastModifier.cs(311,67): error CS1503: Argument 3: cannot convert from 'System.Func<Pathfinding.GraphNode, bool>' to 'Pathfinding.GraphNode'

Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Modifiers/RaycastModifier.cs(315,45): error CS1615: Argument 3 may not be passed with the 'out' keyword

Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Modifiers/RaycastModifier.cs(315,61): error CS1503: Argument 4: cannot convert from '<null>' to 'out GraphHitInfo'

Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Modifiers/RaycastModifier.cs(315,67): error CS1503: Argument 5: cannot convert from 'System.Func<Pathfinding.GraphNode, bool>' to 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Pathfinding.GraphNode>'

What do you think?

Hmm, yeah it seems like it does rely on some features from the beta I’m afraid.
I’d recommend using the beta.

Ok, thank you. Looks like I’ll have to upgrade.