Problem with obstacles and LoD groups

Hi,

I have some rocks in the terrain that have a LOD group with differnt sizes of stones, when I scan the ground in the Astar Path component, it picks only the last Object from the LOD group and since the size is not correct for all stones in the group my character can walk through the stone. Are LOD groups supported for obstacle objects or not? Is there some setting to fix this?

Thanks for your help

Hi

Which graph type are you using?

I’m seeing something similar on a Recast graph, using “Rasterize Meshes”. I noticed this when I was trying to get one of my doors to not be included in the graph, by adding a RecastMeshObj to it. This, however, didn’t help, and the volume was still being cut out. I found that only once I disabled the LOD meshes was the floor free of obstacles:

So it seems that the mesh baking process is including LOD meshes even when they’re not currently visible. And I don’t see a way to address that, as adding RecastMeshObjs to those LOD meshes doesn’t appear to affect the behavior.

Hi

Excluding LOD meshes based on visibility seems like a bad idea in general though. The graph is supposed to take into account everything, not just things close to the camera.

Maybe I’m overlooking something, but my understanding of LOD is that they generally represent lower-fidelity versions of other objects in the scene. It would be highly unusual for a LOD mesh/collider to be present in the scene independent of its full-resolution, LOD0 version. I would expect the pathfinding would generally only take into account LOD0 objects, since LOD1+ objects are really more like “virtual” objects that only exist based on a particular camera’s distance from the object.

I agree with Dan here, some LODS can be extremely generous and reduce the navmesh in size.
Ignoring Lower level LOD’s should be an option