Package has errors in Unity 2022.1.0b7 and up

Hey there! Just a heads up something I’ve identified is that package manager version of A* Pathfinding Project no longer works after Unity 2022.1.0b7 and up due to using an older version of the Jobs package as a dependency. It would be excellent to see this fixed before the full release of 2022.1!

The error is as follows…

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.jobs@0.7.0-preview.17\Unity.Jobs\IJobParallelForDefer.cs(77,85): error CS8377: The type 'U' must be a non-nullable value type, along with all fields at any level of nesting, in order to use it as parameter 'T' in the generic type or method 'NativeList<T>'

Thanks! I’ll look into this!

Any updates on that? It is happening right after installing latest beta of A* Pathfinding Project on a 2021.3.1f1 so I guess it’ll be eventually a thing :slight_smile:

In my case enabling “Show package dependencies” and updating jobs to the 0.50.0 manually solves the problem, but I don’t know if that doesn’t bring any side effects.

Hi @aron_granberg, sorry to bother but it would be really awesome if you could just take a look.

Thanks! I have fixed this locally and the fix will be included in the next update.

1 Like