Navmesh gap after update

Hi,
after updating to 5.0 my path finding is unwilling to cross one spot in my navmesh which is being generated via RecastGraph. After some investigations I found that a small gap appeared in the navmesh (see image below) which leads to a loss of connection in the mesh. I tried playing around with the settings (like cell size, tiling, edge error, … ) but was unable to find something that would smooth over this.
Do you have any advice on what I could do to get rid of the gap/connect small gaps like this automatically?

Navmesh before updating:

Navmesh after updating:

closeup of the gap after (it is VERY small)
after_closeup

Hi

Do you use any navmesh cutting in the scene?
Does the underlaying mesh have any sharp bumps right there? Or any other interesting features near the gap.

I also can’t really figure out where in your zoomed out picture that the gap is…

hi,
we don’t use any cutting at the moment. The underlying mesh also looks normal, (I don’t see any flying plains, sharp edges or similar things). The gap is over the whole border between the blue and the green parts, but it is biggest where the green triangles meet. I added some markings on the image of the mesh so its easier to see. It is very difficult to localize, because the gap is so small, that you don’t see it with any reasonable amount of zoom.

picture of the mesh (with added markings for reference)

gap from the right:
after_gap

hey,
I just wanted to follow up and ask if you have any ideas of how I can resolve this issue (apart from downgrading to the previous version). To me it feels like an issue from splitting the recast graph operation into multiple parts and not being able to match them exactly afterwards

Hi

One small question. Does this seem like a purely vertical gap, or is it a gap along the X and Z axes as well?

If you can replicate this, I’d be interested if you could share a small example scene with the issue.