Layered Graph vs Grid Graph Inconsistencies with Walkable Nodes

Hi there,

I’m setting up a basic graph to cover the tiles of this prototype I’m working on.

I’ve found that I’m getting strange results on what a Layered Graph considers to be Walkable nodes compared to a very similar Grid Graph.

In the image attached, you can see that in the layered graph, nodes are being formed under blocks. There are no surfaces beneath the blocks. Additionally, individual blocks themselves are unable to form a walkable node. Each block is exactly 1x1x1 box colliders.

In spite of this, a regular grid graph produces results exactly as I would expect.
With the surfaces of each individual block forming a node, and no nodes being formed beneath them.

Altering the height variable of the player in the collision tests seems to have no effect.

I’d like to be able to use the Layered Grid Graph if possible, particularly since I don’t need 8 connections and would like to experiment with the verticality that Layered Graphs offer.

I feel like I must be missing something obvious? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you kindly.