I’m doing a city sim, and I would like to know if this package will take care of all my concerns before I purchase.
- I assume you build your NavMesh very similarly to the NavMesh included with Unity (bake, carve, OffMeshLinks).
- I would like to know if OffMeshLinks are added to the path corners and if the corners array is readonly. I would like to have agents “queue” into one of many OffMeshLinks in a group so they don’t bunch up and a nice way to do this would be to modify a corner so I don’t have to repath.
- Does the local avoidance “jiggle”?
- I’d like to know the expected performance on a 2.5d game where all the navigation is on the XZ plane. I’m hoping to be able to control a maximum of 5k agents at > 60fps.
- Can the navigation traverse the OffMeshLinks at the same speed as normal navigation or does it “teleport” across by default?
Just a few questions I have. I suppose I’ll download the trial version to get started on answering these questions myself, but I was hoping someone would have the answers to a few of these offhand.