How to not rasterize inside meshes?

I feel like an idiot. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong and I must be missing something so simple since I can’t find anything about this on the forum.

I just don’t want the ground inside the rock mesh to be part of the graph. Since even if the rocks have colliders on them the agents will walk right through. The ground is just a plane. Do I really need to make a custom collider mesh that doesn’t include the space inside the rock mesh?

Hi

You can attach a RecastMeshObj component to your mesh, and enable the ‘solid’ option. This option only exists in the beta version, though.
Note that the mesh will need to form an enclosed volume for this to work, as it will otherwise not be able to figure out what’s inside and what’s outside.

Thanks. So if I’m not on beta, then I should make a custom collider mesh then that doesn’t cross inside the mesh?

The non-beta has no functionality for treating either colliders or meshes as solid, I’m afraid. The only thing you can do is to raise the walkable height enough so that the character wouldn’t fit inside it.

Ok that’s fine. So making a custom collider mesh is fine then? I don’t mind doing it, I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something beforehand.

Making a custom collider mesh is no problem. However, in the non-beta, it will still not be treated as solid. A navmesh can be generated inside colliders, if they are big enough. The beta treats all convex colliders as solid by default.

1 Like