How to avoid patrolling enemies properly?

Hi, I’m trying to make a seeker move from one position to another and a patrolling enemy is walking in the middle. Let’s say the enemy has a sight radius of 5 meters. How should I implement this seeker properly?

The first thing that comes to my mind is to have the enemy tag the area within its sight as they move, but it’s hard to clear tags for moving colliders as the tag is not easy to work like a bitmask so those overlap areas could go wrong.

Next is RVO, it works at first, but when more enemies are on the way, the seeker could get blocked and pushed around by the enemies, which is not ideal. I would prefer the seeker could just walk through it like tag area with penalties but still walkable in tutorials.

Or maybe in practice, this problem should be left to behavior trees instead of pathfinding? I’ve been stuck here for a while, any suggestion would be appreciated.

Update: Currently I’m going with the dynamic GraphUpdateOject setup, as it seems more feasible to me. The downside is that those static-tagged areas now need a script to continuously update the grid graph as well, so when characters overlap and reset the area tag, it could set it to what it should be shortly. I’m not sure if this is the best practice though.