How does the Seeker component know which graph to use?

Hi, just a quick question I’m having a hard time finding an answer to; I have a Seeker component that is responsible for finding a path to the target. (Or at least I believe so; I haven’t worked on enemy movement in many months so I don’t fully remember how the pieces fit together). My question is how does the Seeker know which Grid Graph to use, if I have more than one? I want to specify the first graph for enemies. I’m using the second graph for plotting “safe spawn areas”. Basically I want to have a graph that is just “zones where this object can spawn” so it won’t spawn too close to environmental objects.

(Also just wanted to say, thanks Aron for all the support here! You’ve been friendly and super nice any time I’ve been around. And I’ve seen some other devs lately that are REALLY rude and dismissive, even in their documentation. I just wanted to personally thank you for being so awesome and helpful!)

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words :slight_smile:

There’s a “Traversable Graphs” dropdown on the seeker.

2 Likes

See, this is exactly what I mean! You’re so nice, even when the answer was DIRECTLY in front of me.

Also, I’m an idiot. It was DIRECTLY in front of me. The whole time. I’m so sorry lol
Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Hahaha, it happens to all of us :slight_smile:

PS: If you want to spread the good word, a rating and/or review in the asset store goes a long way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh you’re totally right! I’ll definitely get on that- rightfully deserved!

1 Like