Hello. I have a problem with A* pathfinding 4.3.16 version

Hello.

I upgraded A* Path finding to 4.3.16 because I have a RVO rotation bittering problem.

But when I upgraded A* using package manager.
Next error message is displayed.

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.8.0-preview.8\Unity.Scenes.Editor\Steps\SubSceneBuildCode.cs(81,33): error CS1061: ‘BundleBuildContent’ does not contain a definition for ‘CustomAssets’ and no accessible extension method ‘CustomAssets’ accepting a first argument of type ‘BundleBuildContent’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.8.0-preview.8\Unity.Scenes.Editor\Steps\SubSceneBuildCode.cs(81,54): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘CustomContent’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.8.0-preview.8\Unity.Scenes.Editor\Steps\SubSceneBuildCode.cs(98,25): error CS1061: ‘BundleBuildContent’ does not contain a definition for ‘CustomAssets’ and no accessible extension method ‘CustomAssets’ accepting a first argument of type ‘BundleBuildContent’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

How can I solve it?

Hi

Which version of unity are you using?

It looks like Unity’s com.unity.entities package has incorrect dependencies.
It should depend on com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.6.5-preview since that’s the version that introduced the CustomAssets property, however it looks like it doesn’t…
Installing com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.6.5-preview should resolve this.

Thank you aron.

How to lnstall com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.6.5-preview ?

1.5.10 is latest version in my package manager.

I’m using Unity 2019.3.6f1 version.

Hi

You have to enable preview packages. This can be done from a dropdown at the top of the package manager. It’s weird though, on my computer that package doesn’t seem necessary. I’m using entities@0.8.0-preview.8 and Unity 2019.3.5f1.

Also. I just released version 4.3.17 which fixes some bugs in the package manager version, so you might want to upgrade to that too (can be done with a click in the package manager).

Thank you aron.

I installed 4.3.17.
All problem are solved.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi,
I’m having the same problems.
Using Unity 2019.3.7f1 and A* 4.3.17
4 lines of Error as below:

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collections@0.7.0-preview.2/Unity.Collections/CollectionHelper.cs(9,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name ‘CompilerServices’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Unity.Burst’ (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collections@0.7.0-preview.2/Unity.Collections/NativeList.cs(8,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name ‘CompilerServices’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Unity.Burst’ (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collections@0.7.0-preview.2/Unity.Collections/CollectionHelper.cs(172,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘AssumeRangeAttribute’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collections@0.7.0-preview.2/Unity.Collections/CollectionHelper.cs(172,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘AssumeRange’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Tried to install the exact version that editor suggested when installing A*, lead to even more error so currently every ECS related assets are latest (preview versions).

Would appreciate any support on this since I already created a new AI Movement based on beta AIPath and not using beta will waste more time then fixing it. Please help =))