Graph does not work in build

Hello, we’ve been using the project in our game with much success (Pro version of course). We’re currently trying to add modding functionalities to our game.

We run into an issue where the graph scan does not seem to work in build. It works OK for other maps where it’s loaded from cache, and scanning commands work in Editor, but in build they do not with no apparent errors.

I’m including a video that describes and shows the problem. This is a massive blocker for us and I’ve spent a long time trying to figure it out - I don’t know what other debug options I could use to find some pointers on the issue. Any ideas are appreciated, I really don’t want to drop the modding functionality but I don’t know what else I can do here :frowning:

Video showing the problem:

Only relevant logs:

Creating a TileHandler for a graph with no tiles. Please scan the graph before creating a TileHandler
Creating a TileHandler for a graph with no tiles. Please scan the graph before creating a TileHandler
Scan ground...Main Ground
Scanning - Process took 81 ms to complete
Scan burrow ground...
Scanning - Process took 44 ms to complete
Scan fly...
Scanning - Process took 112 ms to complete

We’re using 4.3.66

Hi

Typically, this can happen if

1. The meshes are not readable at runtime. This shouldn’t be an issue for you, though, since you are using collider meshes, and they are usually readable.

2. Your objects end up in the wrong layers in the build.

3. Your objects are loaded asynchronously, and they aren’t actually loaded at the time when the scan happens.

Check how long the scan takes in the editor vs the build, and if they are significantly different.

You can also check if how many nodes exist using e.g. graph.CountNodes().