I’ve been following this documentation Get Started and I’ve read through it and followed the steps a few times now with no success. I’m at the step Adding the AI but when I press play, nothing happens.
- Plane at World position (0,0,0) scaled to (10,10,10) on a new Layer called “Ground”
- Several Cubes added on the plane on a new layer called “Obstacles”
- Game Object named A* added to the scene, with the Pathfinder component, Grid selected, width and height at 100x100, center set to (0, -0.1, 0), obstacle layer mask set to “Obstacles”, Height testing Mask set to “Ground” everything else unchanged
- Click Scan - everything looks good
- Add Capsule Game Object to scene and name it Target
- Add Capsule Game Object to scene, Add Character Controller component, Add Seeker Component, Add AIPath component, and AI Destination Component. Drag/drop “Target” game object to the Target of the destination component.
- Hit play, get a green line showing the path, but nothing moves.
I noticed a few things, but messing with them didn’t seem to change anything. Here is what I’ve tried:
- Removed the default Capsule Collider on the AI
- I noticed the AIPath is drawing a gizmo that is floating midway up the capsule
- Saw in the youtube video tutorial that the cylinder used was nested under an empty game object with the AI components. So I tried that with the capsule with the AI components on the parent.
Any help is appreciated.