Gap between 2 terrains with Recast

Hello

It seems Recast creating separate navmeshes for 2 terrains that are adjacent to each other. Here’s a pic: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/141755330/Screenshot%202014-03-08%2000.38.09.png

I’ve searched the forums for it, there was 1 post about it mentioning climb and height settings, unfortunately those don’t have any effect. Terrains are also perfectly square.

I haven’t tried pathfinding with this yet, but nodes between the 2 meshes are not connected. Is there a way to fix this? Or any way to get around it?

Thanks!

What version are you using?

Latest version of the package (from asset store) and latest version of Unity.

Hello,

I tried bunch of stuff, it seems if I set the terrain sample size to 1, it can connect the 2 terrains. However, due to the large size of the terrain we have, it takes a rather long time to generate even the smaller sized graphs.

Are there any other ways of connecting 2 terrains via recast? Any input is appreciated.

Hi

Ok… Are you sure those terrains line up correctly? I can see a very clear edge. Try raising the Max Climb limit.

Terrains are stiched. I can reproduce the same thing on 2 empty terrains as well. Max climb limit doesn’t seem to have an effect, even after raising it to ridiculous levels.

Here’s a pic: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/141755330/Screenshot%202014-03-16%2021.34.48.png

A little bump, still having this issue.

I still have this issue. Scanning takes 5 hours due to this, It makes iteration a pain. Can send you an example project with 2 empty terrains, replicating the same issue. Walkable height or walkable climb does nothing. Only thing that affects it is the terrain sample size.

Some info would be a lot better than getting ignored repeatedly. Is this the intended behavior?

Hi

No, this is not the intended behaviour. If you could send me an example project that would be great! :slight_smile:

Sorry for taking such a long time answering. I have a lot of other work to do at the moment.

I sent you an example project via PM.

Ok, I found the issue. The weird thing is that I definitely remember that I have fixed this issue before… Somehow the old fix must have got lost or something.
Anyway, I have uploaded a new version of the project (3.4.0.6) with the fix included.

Awesome, thank you very much :slight_smile:

I still have this issue.
I’m currently using version 3.4.0.7, and I’m seeing gaps between terrains.
I’ve also tried the fixes suggested in earlier posts of this topic (Terrain Sample Size = 1 and Max Climb limit).
I’ve also finely adjusted both terrains so that there are no visible gaps between them.

Any suggestions?

Latest version that I got is 3.4.0.6, which doesn’t have any problems with either intersecting, or neighboring terrains.

Hi

Is it possible for you to upload a small project which shows the issue?