Game Breaking Errors with EntityFollower in all Unity Versions

I’m not sure if this issue is happening due to an update with the Entities or Burst packages but I keep getting this error, as well as a number of others, in any version of Unity I try: InvalidOperationException: An async lock was previously aquired, but UnlockAfter was never called on it.

This is occurring in all of the example scenes that use the FollowerEntity. I’ve tried making fresh projects and installing new and old versions of Unity but it’s consistent in all of them. Unfortunately it’s completely blocking me from making any progress on my project so any insights are much appreciated

FYI, I just installed unity version 2022.3.26f1 and installed only the astar package with examples (v5.0.9).
I didn’t manually install any dependencies, it did prompt me to install entities which I just clicked the button to install.

No errors or issues so far running the example projects.

Appreciate the response! I did this as well and had a similar result. No errors at first if just using Entities and v5.0.9. Something definitely goes wrong as other things are added to the project. I’ve been trying to reproduce the steps to figure out exactly when it breaks but haven’t been able to thus far.

Figured out the cause! It was DoTween Pro. Something about the way that asset is setup in the project causes these issues. When it’s removed things work as expected. Though it’s not just having the asset in the project, it specifically occurs after the setup is done. I’m going to try disabling some of the modules in set up to see if it fixes anything.

Looks like it is specifically DOTween Pro. The free version doesn’t cause any problems. Something with Pro is the issue. This works well enough for me as I wasn’t using the pro features

Hi

Good investigation.
Would it be possible for you to send me a test project that causes these errors? I don’t have DoTween Pro myself, but it would be very interesting to debug it and see why it causes these errors.

Hey! Apologies for the delay, I only just checked my email and saw this reply. Yeah, sure thing! I’ll throw together a quick project with both downloaded and set up a Google drive link for it. Is there somewhere specific you’d like me to send the link?

You can send it via a PM

Sent you a PM on Discord :+1: