Follower Entity Advice

Hey all. Just a couple of quick questions about the follower entity. Thanks in advance for advice.

Firstly, is there a way to make it work without rotation? Anytime I turn the rotation speed down to zero, it just won’t move at all.

Secondly, is there some trick to making local avoidance work? I have it enabled but no matter what settings I use, it never seems to make a difference.

Well, I answered my second question. I thought I had read that the Follower Entity didn’t have any dependencies for avoidance, but once added the RVO Simulator, it worked fine. Still hoping to find a way to use this without being dependent on rotation though, if anyone knows of a way.

Hi

You can set “Rotation Sync” to “Rotate independently of transform”. If you then also increase the rotation speed a lot, it will behave pretty much like if rotation is not used at all.
However, there’s a bug with the Rotation Sync field in the current version, and it might not actually affect the game. A fix will be included in the next update.