Errors in AlineHDRPCustomPass.cs when upgrading to Unity 6000.0.20f1

Thanks a ton for reading! I upgraded from some older beta version of A* to 5.2.3 and have been messing around to try to clear the following error:

It’s clearly a matter with respect to HDRP, but I was hoping to understand what is going on here. CustomPass is an unrecognized term? Thanks to anyone who reads; it’s been a few days and I haven’t found a good way to get around this.

Hi

What version of hdrp are you using?

HDRP: 17.0.3

I literally just posted this question. Your response time is insane.

Strange.
Could you try deleting your a* installation, and install the package again?

I deleted Library/PackageCache/com.arongranberg.astar outside the Unity editor, then loaded my project in safe mode and removed A* through the package manager and re-installed it. When the dust settled, I have these two errors in safe mode:

A* is an amazing product, dude. As a reminder, I am using the most recent preview build of Unity 6, but HDRP, it’s pragmas and classes seem unchanged as far as I can tell.

@aron_granberg, I was going to create an account to ask about this exact issue yesterday, and then I came on here today and @OmiSC had beaten me to the punch!

I’m having the exact same error, same two lines, same file–directly after upgrading to the same version of A* (v5.2.3). I’m also using HDRP v17.0.3. I’ve deleted and reinstalled both packages, but no dice. Also, the problem seems independent of the version of the Unity Editor, potentially, as I have the issue on both v6000.0.20 and v2023.2.17.

Please let me know if I can provide any further details!

Hi. Same problem here.

The issue can be solved adding the following to AlineHDRPCustomPass.cs:
(is in package. And don´t remove " using UnityEngine.Rendering; " )

using UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition;
using UnityEngine;
using System;

Hi

Sorry about the delay. I’ve been sick with fever for a week.
I hope to release an update that fixes this later today.

1 Like