Error in build: NavGraph hasn't been generated yet or does not contain any nodes

In my builds, I am seeing some strange behavior in the Player.log file. Specifically I see the normal startup, scanning, etc. but when I try to do any seeking I get the error “NavGraph hasn’t been generated yet or does not contain any nodes”. This works most of the time in the editor, occasionally I see the same error there as well but it is 100% reproducible in a build. Since I can path around in the editor I’m fairly certain my recast navmesh was generated correctly. Is there a step involved in packaging your recast data so that it is accessible in the build?

Scanning - Process took 25 ms to complete

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/812c4f5049264fad/Runtime/ExportGenerated/MacStandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 43)

Starting pathfinding thread 0

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/812c4f5049264fad/Runtime/ExportGenerated/MacStandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 43)

Starting pathfinding thread 1

Starting pathfinding thread 2

Starting pathfinding thread 3

NavGraph hasn’t been generated yet or does not contain any nodes

NavGraph hasn’t been generated yet or does not contain any nodes

Couldn’t find close nodes to either the start or the end (start = False end = False)

I should also note that this is using C# Recast, not C++

I got this error when I forgot to click the "Fix " check box after I added my mesh to the Source Mesh in the inspector.

Could you post a screenshot of your settings?
Also, make sure you are not caching the startup without having checked the ‘Nodes’ checkbox (if you are caching startup).

I tried to reproduce the error again, and I scanned, saved the scan to file, then generated a cache and it now works in the build. So I’m not really sure what I did differently this time. I did verify that “Save Node Data” was already checked. If I can get a reproducible test case I’ll post it here.

Okay