Console Errors Related to Update Checking

Hello,
First time booting up my project with A* imported and my console keeps spitting out a couple of error messages related to the Update Checker. I’m not really sure what it’s trying to tell me or how to resolve the issue, could anyone assist?

Here are the two errors:

Non-secure network connections disabled in Player Settings
UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest:SendWebRequest ()
Pathfinding.AstarUpdateChecker:DownloadVersionInfo () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/AstarUpdateChecker.cs:224)
Pathfinding.AstarUpdateChecker:CheckForUpdates () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/AstarUpdateChecker.cs:185)
Pathfinding.AstarUpdateChecker:UpdateCheckLoop () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/AstarUpdateChecker.cs:151)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

and

There was an error checking for updates to the A* Pathfinding Project
The error might disappear if you switch build target from Webplayer to Standalone because of the webplayer security emulation
Error: Insecure connection not allowed
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)
Pathfinding.AstarUpdateChecker:CheckForUpdates () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/AstarUpdateChecker.cs:164)
Pathfinding.AstarUpdateChecker:UpdateCheckLoop () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/AstarUpdateChecker.cs:151)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

Not sure if this is really that much of a problem, but it’s sure annoying having the console errors popping up constantly. Thanks for any assistance!

1 Like

I’m getting the same error. Very annoying.

Hi

Thanks! I’ve managed to replicate this, and a fix will be included in the next update. (you can also download the beta which already has this fix)

Thanks for sorting this!!!

I’m still getting this problem

Still happening in the latest version

In the AstarUpdateChecker.cs file, change line 37 to

const string updateURL = "https://www.arongranberg.com/astar/version.php";

And the error should stop

1 Like

Good catch :ok_hand: Thanks.

It would be good if this was a settings toggle (auto update check). It’s possible that it is even required that these passive analytics are disable-able in certain countries.