Compilation warnings [Unity 2021.3.37]

Hello, similar to Compilation was requested for method after update 2022.1.7
I get the following warnings.
I’ve been using A* for years now and recently upgraded from 4.2.19 to 5.0.9.
They’re not harmful but still, bit annoying each time I launch the game (from inside editor).
And I’ve deleted previous A* install before of course : )
No other issues than that.

Compilation was requested for method Pathfinding.Jobs.JobParallelForBatchedExtensions+ParallelForBatchJobStruct1[[Pathfinding.RVO.RVODestinationCrowdedBehavior+JobDensityCheck, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]], AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null::Execute(Pathfinding.RVO.RVODestinationCrowdedBehavior+JobDensityCheck&, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null|System.IntPtr, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089|System.IntPtr, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089|Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobRanges&, UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null|System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089) but it is not a known Burst entry point. This may be because the [BurstCompile] method is defined in a generic class, and the generic class is not instantiated with concrete types anywhere in your code.`

Compilation was requested for method 'Pathfinding.Jobs.JobParallelForBatchedExtensions+ParallelForBatchJobStruct1[[Pathfinding.RVO.RVODestinationCrowdedBehavior+JobDensityCheck, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]], AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null::Execute(Pathfinding.RVO.RVODestinationCrowdedBehavior+JobDensityCheck&, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null|System.IntPtr, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089|System.IntPtr, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089|Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobRanges&, UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null|System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089) but it is not a known Burst entry point. This may be because the [BurstCompile] method is defined in a generic class, and the generic class is not instantiated with concrete types anywhere in your code.

Compilation was requested for method
Pathfinding.BinaryHeap, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null::Add(Pathfinding.BinaryHeap&, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null|Pathfinding.Util.UnsafeSpan1[[Pathfinding.PathNode, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]&, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null|System.UInt32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089|System.UInt32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089|System.UInt32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089)` but it is not a known Burst entry point. This may be because the [BurstCompile] method is defined in a generic class, and the generic class is not instantiated with concrete types anywhere in your code.

Compilation was requested for method Pathfinding.TriangleMeshNode, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null::OpenSingleEdgeBurst(Pathfinding.Int3&, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null|Pathfinding.Int3&, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null|Pathfinding.Int3&, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null|System.UInt16, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089|System.UInt32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089|System.UInt32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089|System.UInt32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089|System.UInt32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089|Pathfinding.Util.UnsafeSpan1[[Pathfinding.PathNode, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]&, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null|Pathfinding.BinaryHeap&, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null|Pathfinding.HeuristicObjective&, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)` but it is not a known Burst entry point. This may be because the [BurstCompile] method is defined in a generic class, and the generic class is not instantiated with concrete types anywhere in your code.

Etc.

Can you help me by any chance ? Thanks.
Your pathfinding solution is still a blast. I love it and Unity wouldn’t be the same without it. Just like Odin ^-^.

Hi

I believe this is only an issue with older versions of Unity’s burst package. If you upgrade to a newer version, it should resolve itself.

1 Like

Hi,
I’ve also been using A* for some time now and today I decided to buy the pro version so I upgraded from 4.2.17 to 5.1.0.
I Also got some really annoying warnings each time I launch the game. I have also remove the previous install of A* and I am using Unity 2023.2.16

The first warning message:

Compilation was requested for method Unity.Jobs.IJobExtensions+JobStruct1[[Pathfinding.Graphs.Grid.Jobs.JobNodeGridLayout, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]], UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null::Execute(Pathfinding.Graphs.Grid.Jobs.JobNodeGridLayout&, AstarPathfindingProject, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null|System.IntPtr, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089|System.IntPtr, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089|Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobRanges&, UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null|System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089) but it is not a known Burst entry point. This may be because the [BurstCompile] method is defined in a generic class, and the generic class is not instantiated with concrete types anywhere in your code.`

A screenshot of the console with all the warnings:

And I have also updated the Burst package to 1.8.14

Thanks,

Hi

I haven’t been able to replicate this. Many of the mentioned methods aren’t even in generic classes, so I’m confused as to why Unity would not find them.
Would it be possible for you to try to delete your Library folder and open the project again? Maybe something has been corrupted in Unity’s database or something.

1 Like

Hi,

So I deleted the Library folder, open the project again and one eternity later all the warnings are now gone :innocent:

Thanks for your time and for solving my issue :pray:

1 Like

Same here, this resolved the warnings. Thank you for your time !