[BUG] Navmesh cuts sometimes create multiple areas

First, here is the basic graph, with some ramps, and a navmesh cut component in the middle(in green). The debugger is set to show the different navmesh areas. So far so good.

Now, if we move the navmesh cut even a little bit upwards (0.06), we get this graph.

As you can see, we now have two separate areas (the pink and red), and this means that we can no longer find paths from one area to the other. As far as I can tell, there should be no reason this is happening, since the two areas are still adjacent, and still share edges.

Even stranger, if I remove the object which creates the green area, we get this.

With this object removed, the navmesh cut works normally, and can cut the mesh just fine(on the ramp).

No idea what is going on. I’ve tried playing with various settings, and none of them seem to fix the issue.

Hmm, we still have this happening, and can’t figure out why. Any thoughts?

Hi

I’m working on a new release which includes a significant rewrite of the navmesh cutting system.
It should be faster, allocate less garbage, and most importantly, be much more robust.

I hope I can release it within a week.