Beta - richAI endReachedDistance not working all the time

endReachedDistance not working all the time. Sometimes the agents report end of path, sometimes they don’t.

This is tested with all agents moving to the same location with the same endReachedDistance.

The richAI component shows the endReachedDistance is set, but end of path sometimes never happens until the agent reaches the actual destination.

This image shows the endReachedDistance set to 3, the agent is closer than that but end of path is NOT checked.

Hi

I believe the agent also requires the end of the path to be visible from its current position. The reason is that the remaining distance might otherwise be an approximation, and it can’t be quite sure that it actually is within the required distance. I’m trying to improve this behavior in a new movement script that I’m writing.
In an open area, it should behave as expected, though.

Unity v2022.3.5f1/astar beta 4.3.79

What I was seeing was happening in wide open/unobstructed areas.

There was a single target destination in open level ground with no obstacles or other mesh cuts in between and agents were moving towards the target from different directions.

It made me add my own code to check if remainingDistance < EndReachedDistance, which then worked reliably.

From what I can see. I’m pretty sure the RichAI thinks that it has at least one more corner remaining in the path, so it will not stop.

If you have a screenshot of the situation, I may be able to help you debug it further.