Best performance from multiple units

Hey there,

This is my first time using this asset, and I’m still using the free version.

I’m making a horde-survival game, with a very simple arena, it’s basically a square with some pillars on the map. The respawn points of the enemies is also fixed.

My goal is to use this for optimal performance, because I was using Nav Mesh agenst before and the game was crashing. I implemented A*, but there wasn’t a real gain in performance, and enemies aren’t correctly pushing each other (I guess I need the premium version with RVO for that, right?)

I saw a post about otimizing and precalculating some distances, but, before purchasing the full version, I want to understand if it will be possible to achieve roughly 60 FPS with more than 500 active units, with around 150 of those visible on the screen in a 3D game.

I also plan to use some calculation of distance available on this to cause the enemies to attack, because I’m currently using a trigger collider, and I know that’s not the most effective way of doing so.

Any help is appreciated, especially if there’s an easy tutorial to follow with it :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi

This should be possible. The FollowerEntity movement script in particular is well suited for this (not available in the free version). On my computer (admittedly quite beefy) I can get 120 fps with 600 units. However, all agents were rendered as simple cylinders. Rendering for that number of units can be quite expensive.