Astar Path Script not showing in the inspector

Hi,

I’m having an issue after upgrading Unity from version 2017.1of3 to 2019.1.8f1… I know it was a bad idea to go that long without updating things…

The issue is as follows: The Astar Path script is not expanding in the inspector window. It is unreadable, and squished into a single line… I can’t adjust any of the properties.

I tried upgrading Astar to a newer version, but it breaks a whole lot of things in my game. When I upgrade Astar none of the scripts in the game are loading… I can’t get rid of the errors, so I’m a bit stuck here as well.

If there is an easy fix for the issue I am having, please pass along some advice on how to fix it. I would really appreciate it. I am hoping that I can avoid rolling Unity back to the previous version, or rewriting a lot of code.

Thanks ahead of time for any help,
-Kory

Hi

Here is the diff that fixes this issue. You might be able to backport it to your version:

commit 29350fb2c9b6f65d042c205c4766852e23c8b0cf
Author: Aron Granberg <aron.granberg@gmail.com>
Date:   Tue Oct 16 13:16:51 2018 +0200

Fixed a bug in the A* inspector that could cause the inspector to log errors and look weird in Unity 2018.3b5 and up.

diff --git a/Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/PackageTools/Editor/EditorGUIx.cs b/Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/PackageTools/Editor/EditorGUIx.cs
index 3d462273..04def455 100644
--- a/Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/PackageTools/Editor/EditorGUIx.cs
+++ b/Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/PackageTools/Editor/EditorGUIx.cs
@@ -138,10 +138,9 @@ namespace Pathfinding {
 			if (visible) {
 				// Some space that cannot be placed in the GUIStyle unfortunately
 				GUILayout.Space(4);
-
-				EditorGUILayout.EndFadeGroup();
 			}

+			EditorGUILayout.EndFadeGroup();
 			EditorGUILayout.EndVertical();
 			GUIUtilityx.PopTint();
 		}
diff --git a/Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/changelog.cs b/Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/changelog.cs
index 77cfc7c7..3a32b108 100644
--- a/Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/changelog.cs
+++ b/Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/changelog.cs
@@ -3,6 +3,7 @@

- Replaced usage of the WWW class with the newer UnityWebRequest in the update checker to avoid a deprecation compiler warning in newer versions of Unity.
+	- Fixed a bug in the A* inspector that could cause the inspector to log errors and look weird in Unity 2018.3b5 and up. Thanks Aisit for reporting the bug.

- 4.1.25 (2018-10-13)
 	- Converted all comments to XML comments.