ALINE in Pathfinding Package

We are using the Pathfinding Package in our project with Recast Graphs. A lot of our time during rendering (roughly 50% of the time within rendering itself) is consumed by AlineURPRenderPass. Is there a way to disable/deactivate this pass?

I tried deactivating it with DrawingManager.instance.enabled = false and DrawingManager.instance.gameobject.SetActive(false) but both trigger lots of errors on the console

Most likely you have “Show Graphs” enabled on the AstarPath inspector?

It’s not enabled. The performance of ALINE also does not change when “Show Graphs” is true or false. I also tried to “hide” the graphs by clicking the eye icon, still no change/effect.

Is there any other way to disable the RenderPass?

It’s also weird that I see the RenderPass in the profiler even in a scene where I don’t have any Pathfinding object. One thing that might be important: we have domain reloading disabled when entering/exiting play mode, do you think it’s possible that something is not cleaning up properly?

Hi

The render pass draws all the gizmos for lots of components for the pathfinding package. It’s one of them that is using all the performance, not the render pass as such.
You can use deep profiling to see which component it is.

Also make sure you are using the latest version of ALINE/A* pathfinding project.