4.3.61 RecastGraphObject reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi I’m getting this on game start, regardless if there is a cached graph or a load from file,
I’ve gone back through the beta versions and it seems to have started in 4.3.52, and I’m unable to figure out why and this doesn’t happen with a GridGraph
and it refers to this line var tileRect = tilesResult.dependency.tileMeshes.tileRect;
Appreciate any help :slight_smile:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Pathfinding.RecastGraph.Pathfinding.IUpdatableGraph.UpdateAreaPost (Pathfinding.GraphUpdateObject guo) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.arongranberg.astar@4.3.61/Generators/RecastGenerator.cs:604)
Pathfinding.GraphUpdateProcessor.ProcessRegularUpdates (System.Boolean force) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.arongranberg.astar@4.3.61/Core/Misc/GraphUpdateProcessor.cs:281)
Pathfinding.GraphUpdateProcessor.ProcessGraphUpdates (Pathfinding.IWorkItemContext context, System.Boolean force) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.arongranberg.astar@4.3.61/Core/Misc/GraphUpdateProcessor.cs:191)
Pathfinding.WorkItemProcessor.ProcessWorkItems (System.Boolean force, System.Boolean sendEvents) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.arongranberg.astar@4.3.61/Core/Misc/WorkItemProcessor.cs:307)
Pathfinding.WorkItemProcessor.ProcessWorkItemsForUpdate (System.Boolean force) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.arongranberg.astar@4.3.61/Core/Misc/WorkItemProcessor.cs:379)
AstarPath.PerformBlockingActions (System.Boolean force) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.arongranberg.astar@4.3.61/Core/AstarPath.cs:863)
AstarPath.Update () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.arongranberg.astar@4.3.61/Core/AstarPath.cs:846)

Hi

Thanks! This was indeed a bug. It is caused by a graph update for which the bounds touch no tiles at all.
I’ll include a fix for this in the next update.