4.3.48 or 4.3.49 not working with Unity 2021.3.1f1 LTS or 2021.3.2f1 LTS

Hello,

When we upgrade any project contains 4.3.48 beta or 4.3.49 beta from 2021.3.0f1 LTS to newer versions, it is not working, and giving the error I wrote below. I tried with both Unity 2021.3.1f1 LTS or 2021.3.2f1 LTS, and I believe it’s caused due to internal jobs/burst package min version required by that unity version. Right now we are only able to use 2021.3.0f1 LTS at max for projects with pathfinding.

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.jobs@0.7.0-preview.17/Unity.Jobs/IJobParallelForDefer.cs(77,85): error CS8377: The type ‘U’ must be a non-nullable value type, along with all fields at any level of nesting, in order to use it as parameter ‘T’ in the generic type or method ‘NativeList’

I hope this finds you well and helps you to pin down the problem.

yeah, the same issue is reported here: Package has errors in Unity 2022.1.0b7 and up

Thanks! I have fixed this locally and the fix will be included in the next update.

2 Likes

Hi Aron, you solved this problem locally almost 2 weeks ago, I am checking every day for an update, but none issued yet. Right now we are stuck on first LTS version which is very prone to have many errors and problems. Would you consider releasing a hotfix update, please?

Hi

Sorry, I’m really sick right now and i won’t be able to release an update at the moment. I’m sorry for the trouble. I’ll do it as soon as I can.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry to hear that, rest and get well soon mate!

@nehvaleem hi mate, did you be able to find a workaround for this? in your post you mention “updating jobs to the 0.50.0 manually solves”, did you be able to use and battle test this?

I haven’t tested it at all. I only updated the jobs package, and realized that it compiles but after that I’ve taken the patience pill on which I am until today :slight_smile: I prefer to let such things like this to pros/authors and focus on my stuff in the meantime.

Hi

I’m getting better now. Mostly free of the sickness.
I’m just uploading a new version of the package (4.3.50), which I think should resolve this issue. It will be up in a few minutes.

1 Like