Cannot stop RichAI from traversing OffMesh Links

Hi, I am a very amateur programmer. I bought your Astar Pathfinding algorithm Pro Plugin, and was checking out your Recast Example 2, where the bot climbs platforms using off mesh links. But I cannot for the life of me find a way to disable the said feature in the project.

What I want to do.

Basically, I want to create two types of bots. One that can traverse the off mesh links, and another which cannot.

What all I attempted :slight_smile:

I tried disabling the Animation Link traverser in the bot game object.
I tried to modify the Rich AI script, add a boolean value to avoid it from entering the offmeshlink coroutine (Line : 523 in Rich AI script). Also, the public variable I made does not appear in the inspector. What’s up with that? All the other variables are declared the same way, as far as I can see.
I tried modifying the Walkable Height or Climb variables in the Astar Path script.
I tried changing the Traversable Graphs and disabling the Point Graph.

Need to point out that all the ground should be traversable but not the links.

Hi

Currently there is no such functionality built in to the package. However what you can do is to modify the link script to set the startNode and endNode’s Tag to something (see https://arongranberg.com/astar/docs/tags.php) and then in the Seeker’s inspector set the allowed tags to either exclude or include that particular tag.

The RichAI script uses a custom inspector called AIBaseEditor.cs which defines which fields will show up and how.

Ah, okay. Thankyou for the reply. I will try it out. By the way, really awesome package and very well documented. Especially for a newbie like me.

Anyway, I don’t know if this is a bug or something stupid that I am doing, but when I bots in different platforms and restrict them to that using layers. They still manage to go for the target using links, while traversing the graph layer they weren’t supposed to traverse. I mean, I have one bot in an elevated platform, and another platform which is also elevated and away from the original platform. But if a target is found in the other platform, the bot would go down on the ground using links, (the ground being set untraversable) and then move towards the other platform.

Ah, okay, thank you very much for telling me that. I was really worried that I was unable to grasp some basic programming concept that must have been obvious. Phew!