Applying NavMeshGraphs offset without scanning?

Hi. Just started using this asset few days ago and i find it excellent. It has everything i need. I just wanted to ask if there is a way to update just a NavMeshGraphs offset without scanning the graph, because i want to implement it in a mobile game and the lag is really noticeable. I saw that the new update has Async Scan, but i don’t have the pro version (jet), and because i only need to change the offset, maybe there is no need for rescanning the graphs. Thanks in advance

Hi

Do you mean you just want to move the whole graph?

If so it might be better to fake the movement. Take a look at the example scene called ‘Moving’ (pro version only though, but it shows pathfinding on a moving ship).
If that would not work for you for some reason you can use the RelocateNodes method. The link above goes to the documentation for version 4.0, there is a similar method in version 3.8.

Yes, I just want to move the graph and the RelocateNodes method works flawlessly. Thank you very much for the fast reply and for creating this great asset, gonna support you as much as I can

1 Like