AIpath step height and layered grid graph issues

Hi, I have the pro version and it works quite well for my purposes. I just have a couple of questions.

1. Does the rigidbody AIPath handle steps? It seems like it does, but I can’t find a way to increase the maximum step size.
  2. Is there a way to prevent the layered grid graph from considering agents as obstacles when scanning the graph? I’m assuming there’s some kind of physics matrix to determining which layers are walkable, but I couldn’t find it.

When using a rigidbody the AIPath script uses Rigidbody.MovePosition. So the physics engine will drive any step handling based on the collider.

The graph settings contain a “Height Testing” layer mask (should contain the ground layers) and a “Collision Testing” layer mask (should contain obstacles). Make sure your agents’ layers are excluded from those masks.

Thank you for the answers. Would you suggest using a character controller instead of a rigidbody to allow agents to climb steps, or is there a simpler solution I’m not seeing?

Hi

Either using a character controller, or just using a plain transform (no rigidbody or character controller) will work well for that.