A bit lost, implementing moving obstacles

I got done implementing the basics of the project, a seeker can find their way to the player through a grid graph. But I hit a pretty sturdy wall when trying to implement any further than this.

My game is turn and grid based. And I’ve been struggling to figure out exactly what I’m supposed to be using to implement the following:

• seekers become obstacles for other seekers.
  • player becomes an obstacle for all seekers.

I’ve looked around the documentation pages, around some Unity questions, and I think some questions asked on this forum. But I still have no clue where to even start, or how to actually use some of these tools. By the way, I know I can just force the seeker to never reach the final path waypoint, essentially avoiding the player. But I ran into an issue where I can walk into a grid cell, the same turn as a seeker is going into that same cell.

I’ve looked at:

• ITraversalProvider
  • Dynamic Grid Obstacle (component)
  • Graph Update Scene (component)

ITraversalProvider seemed like exactly what I needed, until the very last part of the page told me you “can’t make unwalkable nodes walkable again”.
I have no idea how to use the DGO component, and reading the documentation didn’t help, same for the GUS component.

The player moves manually (not with pathfinding) though still moves along the same grid cells. I’m also not using rigidbodies or velocity, so I don’t think buying the pro version for the “local avoidance” would help me.

I’ve been stuck on this for 2 days now, and I have absolutely no idea where to go from here. I just need someone smarter/more experienced to explain to me what I should be doing to achieve what I want.

That just means that any nodes that are from the start marked with walkable=false will always stay unwalkable (unless you update the graph through other means). However, you can make various rules using the ITraversalProvider code, for example based on the node tags or other things.

This page Documentation (and the corresponding example scene) shows a lot about how to set that up.