V4.0.9 compiler error: RVOController could not be found

Hi there!

I was previously using v3.8.8.1 (but I guess I’m still a newbie), and have just downloaded the latest v4.0.9. (Both are FREE versions.)
Upon import of this new v4.0.9 package to a blank project though, a compiler error occurs:

Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/ExampleScenes/ExampleScripts/ManualRVOAgent.cs(15,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `RVOController’ could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

I’ve checked forum questions similar to my problem, but they were solved by simply adding the using namespace <namespace name>; line at the beginning of the script in question; and yet in my case, using namespace Pathfinding.RVO; is already declared in the code.

I’ve tried deleting the entire imported AstarPathfindingProject folder then re-importing the package onto the project, and even tried re-downloading the v4.0.9 package release (in the case that my earlier download was corrupted, or something), but fresh off the import the compiler still just gives this error. How come it wont recognize the RVOController class?

What am I missing? Or is this a current bug, since the v4.0.9 release is just fresh from 1-2 days ago?
I’m sorry if this is a nooby question! Please help, and thank you!

P.S. I’ve also noticed that the Pathfinding submenu in the Add Components menu doesnt show, but based on another thread I saw here, that’d be because of the compiler error? Am I right in believing this, or maybe herein lies my main problem?

Ah. It seems my build script has been incorrectly configured. The ManualRVOAgent.cs script should not be included in the free version. If you delete that file the errors should go away.

1 Like

That explains a lot of things :grin: Thank you very much for clearing it up for me!

More power to this project and to you Master Aron! :+1:

1 Like