The node is connected, but it cannot be moved

4.3.47. version is being used.

I am working on a grid node graph.

Use the setting as
Connections > Eight
Cut Corners > true

Modifications were made to allow only the character to move in the diagonal direction.
However, the movement in the diagonal direction does not work as intended.

I want to move like this picture.

The image on the left shows the current Connection status.
The connection to the side where the character is is cut off,
I tried to control while maintaining the connection from the character to the other side.

In this state, the middle character cannot move downwards to the left.
If you look at the Connection status, if it is possible to move to the upper left, it seems that it should be possible to move in the lower left direction as well, but it does not move.

Is there anything else I need to check other than the connection status?

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been sick these last few weeks.

If you only want to use the diagonal connections, wouldn’t it be easier to use a normal grid graph with Connections = Four, but rotated 45 degrees?

It’s hard to say exactly what’s happening. Do you think you could enable connected component debugging (set A* Inspector → Settings → Graph Coloring = Areas).

I want to be able to move in 8 directions.

If there are objects that are obstructing the movement diagonally, I want them to pass through them.

Now, if there is only one obstacle, it moves diagonally.
However, if the obstacles are attached diagonally, it cannot pass between them.

How can I get it to go through?

current setting

• Connections: Eight
  • Cut Corners: true

Hi

Currently, passing through diagonal obstacles like that is prohibited by the grid graph.
However, if you use the beta version (see download page) and manage the blocking using an ITraversalProvider (see Utilities for turn-based games - A* Pathfinding Project), then you can override the ITraversalProvider.filterDiagonalConnections property and set it to false. This property was made exactly for this purpose.