Sharing violation path after adding 4.3 (Beta) package + examples

Hi guys,

So I’ve been having this weird issue after adding the 4.3 (Beta) package. When I first added the package and examples (followed Aron’s official steps from here) - I was getting no errors.

I’m using Unity 2020.3.12f1 and the first thing I noticed the next time I launched the project was that upon starting I was getting a warning, asking if I wanted to launch the project in safe-mode due to script compilation errors. (Mind you, there were no script compilation errors when I last closed the editor.)

Now, the errors in question don’t always show up as the same error, and sometimes one doesn’t show up at all. Sometimes it’s just 1 error that pops up in the console, sometimes 2, sometimes 3. The ones I’ve seen so far are:

(0,0): error System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path H:\Unity Projects\MyProject\Temp\Unity.ProBuilder.AddOns.Editor.dll
(0,0): error System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path H:\Unity Projects\MyProject\Temp\DrawingPackageToolsEditor.dll
(0,0): error System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path H:\Unity Projects\MyProject\Temp\AstarPackageToolsEditor.dll

It looks to me that the last item in this list probably relates directly to our problem, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot this problem further.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi

I don’t think this is an issue with this package. It’s a windows related error, probably related to some other program that you have open which tries to open those same files.

I found this response on Google as well. Some people said even having the folder open in Windows Explorer could be the problem… however, I didn’t have the temp folder (or any other folder inside the project) open when I first launched the Editor today. My Unity projects folder is a dedicated folder so no other process should be interacting with this project folder at all.

Could it be a Unity bug? As in, could its own process be creating a false positive? Mind you, the temp folder only exists when you open the Editor in the first place…

Do you think upgrading my Unity version to the latest 2020 version (2020.3.15f2) could be a fix? 'cause I think I’ll try this.

So upgrading from 2020.3.12f1 to 2020.3.15f2 seemed to do the trick for me.

1 Like

Hi! The best solution for this error is usage of Long Path Tool.