A* Pathfinding Project

RTS game pathfinding

Hi Aron,
I’m seeing the same behaviour. Pretty sure it’s an empty project and I had a general look at the physics settings and all seemed reasonable.
Note that disabling the Sphere Collider stops the units taking off, not sure if the demo is still working as intended though (I can move the units around, but that seems to be all)
cheers,
Ben

Hi Aron, I’ve got the same issue as Jabb and Ben. I think it is related to the preview packages (entities, burst) used. A Unity support guy recommended to update burst to the newer 1.2.0 preview to fully support TypeInfos (https://forum.unity.com/threads/build-error-with-burst-entity-subscene.798294/), but your 4.3 beta has an older dependency. Trying the 1.2.0 led to new errors though.

I got these issues in my own project as well as your example scenes. Using 2019.3.f3.

Yes - it’s an empty project in both 2019.3.0b7 and 2019.3.0f3

It’s a triplanar shader made with Substance Designer.

@aron_granberg
I get a NotImplementedException when scanning the navmesh.
It says something about obstacles, but only obstacles I know I’m using are RecastMeshObj components, which I think are supported?

I get a NotImplementedException when scanning the navmesh.

@sepnax It seems you are using the RVONavmesh component. This will add rvo obstacles for every edge in the navmesh. And RVO obstacles are not supported in the beta.

@Ifexx I have not been able to replicate these issues. I’m using burst 1.2.0 in my project.

@aron_granberg
Oh ok. I deleted it. I had no idea what it was doing :sweat_smile:
Is there a utitility function or such to get a closest unoccupied position on the navmesh to a given position?

When accounting for RVO? No, I’m afraid there is not. The system doesn’t track this in any way.
You could use RVOQuadtreeBurst. It allows you to query some things.
You can access the quadtree from (RVOSimulator.active.GetSimulator() as RVOSimulatorBurst).quadtree.

@aron_granberg
Ok.
How about the Alternative Path Modifier, does it work with RTS beta?

It works. However the alternative path modifier is best suited for grid (or possibly point) graphs. It does exactly what it is supposed to do on recast graphs too, but since the nodes are so large (and have very different sizes) the result is usually not that great.