Problems with scanning graph with mesh colliders

When I scan the scene in the editor it scans completely fine, but when I scan the scene during runtime using

AstarPath.active.Scan(recastGraph);

it’s full of can’t read mesh errors. I really don’t want to go enabling readability on every mesh because it’s a lot, I couldn’t even manage to change one for some reason, and then people say it’s not good for performance. And I don’t want to have a thousand of box colliders either, I should be able to use the mesh collider just fine right? Something tells me there’s a simple solution because as I said when I’m in the editor and hit scan it scans completely fine. Oh and this is trying with both rasterize meshes and rasterize colliders each at a time. EDIT: for some reason it works completely fine with grid graph, but I want to use recast

Thanks

Hi

If read/write is disabled on a mesh, Unity will not allow the pathfinding scripts to read the mesh data in a standalone player because it has been removed from RAM. There’s nothing I can do about this I’m afraid.
The beta version has an improved UI for handling this:

But note that if you use the mesh for a mesh collider, then Unity will keep it readable internally. So there’s no downside to setting read/write to true for those meshes. It only matters if you are using it exclusively for rendering.

The grid graph only uses the physics API. It doesn’t access any individual meshes.