Not allowed to access triangles/indices on mesh

I’m getting bunch of errors (with different mesh names) when trying to load the scene using SceneManager.LoadSceneAsync()

However no errors if I set the scene as the starting scene in Unity, this issue is only happening when loading the scene using SceneManager.

This issue is only happening with some meshes and not all of them.

Not allowed to access triangles/indices on mesh 'Plane' (isReadable is false; Read/Write must be enabled in import settings)
UnityEngine.Mesh:get_triangles ()
Pathfinding.Recast.RecastMeshGatherer:CollectSceneMeshes (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Pathfinding.Voxels.RasterizationMesh>) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/Utilities/RecastMeshGatherer.cs:76)
Pathfinding.RecastGraph:CollectMeshes (UnityEngine.Bounds) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/RecastGenerator.cs:754)
Pathfinding.RecastGraph/<ScanAllTiles>d__50:MoveNext () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/RecastGenerator.cs:667)
Pathfinding.RecastGraph/<ScanInternal>d__46:MoveNext () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/RecastGenerator.cs:590)
AstarPath/<ScanGraph>d__142:MoveNext () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:1789)
AstarPath/<ScanAsync>d__141:MoveNext () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:1728)
AstarPath:Scan (Pathfinding.NavGraph[]) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:1597)
AstarPath:Awake () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:1266)

Hi

Graphs included in a recast graph scan must be marked as readable in its import settings.
The current stable version does not have a great workflow for notifying you about this, but you can try the beta (A* Pathfinding Project) which has a much better workflow.

Thanks! I was able to fix this issue using the Beta version mesh tool, but however it seems that the Beta version is not showing any graph when clicking on “Scan” button while “Show Graphs” is checked, I’m also seeing two unity editor transform arrows for the Pathfinding game object (with Pathfinder component).

Unity version: 2021.3.16f1

Hmm. Are you using a render pipeline or some other non-default rendering?

I’m using the rendering pipeline that’s included with Gaia Pro: UPRenderPipelineAsset PWS UP 8.2.0

Hi

Ah. If that’s a custom render pipeline, it will not be supported by this package, I’m afraid (UPRenderPipeline is not something I recognize, and you don’t mean URP?)
However, would it be possible for you to share your project (or a slimmed down version of it) with me. It might be possible for me to add support for it.

It seems it’s a bug in Pathfinding Beta version as it’s working correctly in Pathfinding stable version in the asset store. I’m afraid I can’t share the project files because Gaia Pro is a paid asset.

I created a new project to reproduce, was not able to reproduce by only changing the rendering pipeline to the one included in Gaia Pro 2021

I was however able to reproduce after setting up Gaia Runtime, I noticed that issue disappear when disabling “Gaia Runtime” game object

To reproduce, you would need to install Gaia Pro 2021 package

After installing Gaia go to: Window → Procedural Worlds → Gaia → Show Gaia Manager

In Gaia Manager, go to “Create World” tab and create world designer, and also create runtime using “Create Runtime” tab

Beside the issue with the graph, another thing I noticed in the Beta version is two transformation arrows on the game object with Pathfinder component even without installing Gaia, not sure if it’s the intended behavior

This is intentional. The other transform arrow is for the center of the graph.

I’m sure the author of Gaia would not mind sharing, just to improve compatibility between our packages. I will of course not keep the package after the debugging is done.

The way gizmos are being drawn has been reworked completely in the beta. Sadly, it does require some special code for each render pipeline now.