New features only supported in 2020?

I was happy to see that the beta version supported marking meshes as solid. Unfortunately I only realized after I installed it that the new burst recast mesh generation is only supported in Unity 2020 or later. I did not see this marked on the changelog specifically. I appreciate the time you’ve taken to improve the package, but for stability reasons, I can not currently upgrade to Unity 2020, and I do not know when I will be able to. What is the specific technical reason that the burst version will not run in Unity 2020? Furthermore, will features like solid meshes be added to the older recast generation as well, or am I missing somewhere that they’re already supported? I am really in need this feature.

Hi

There are a few APIs that are not available in Unity < 2020.1. You can find them by searching for #if UNITY_2020_1_OR_NEWER.
For recast specifically it is the Mesh.AcquireReadOnlyMeshData API and the Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.UnsafeUtility.AsRef API that do not exist. Both can be worked around (with lower performance), but I haven’t done so yet, and I do not have any plans for that yet since the beta is still… well, a beta.

Okay, thanks for the reply, sorry to bother you about it. I hope I’ll be able to update to 2020 soon.