Missing namespaces on install

Hey guys,

I installed Pathfinder Pro yesterday, downloaded from here, to a brand new project, and am getting 9 messages about missing namespaces. I also downloaded some other assets, but this was the last one I imported and there were no errors before that. I know sometimes this asset can find duplicate namespaces, but I’m not sure how to go about resolving missing ones? These are the errors I’m getting:

-- Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/Utilities/TileHandler.cs(5,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `ClipperLib' does not exist in the namespace `Pathfinding'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
-- Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/Utilities/TileHandler.cs(6,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Poly2Tri' does not exist in the namespace `Pathfinding'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
-- Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/Utilities/TileHandler.cs(15,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Clipper' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
-- Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/Utilities/TileHandler.cs(1150,37): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `IntPoint' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
-- Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Navmesh/NavmeshCut.cs(330,63): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `ClipperLib' does not exist in the namespace `Pathfinding'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
-- Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Navmesh/NavmeshCut.cs(403,36): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `ClipperLib' does not exist in the namespace `Pathfinding'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
-- Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Navmesh/NavmeshCut.cs(408,58): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `ClipperLib' does not exist in the namespace `Pathfinding'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
-- Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/Utilities/TileHandler.cs(5,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `ClipperLib' does not exist in the namespace `Pathfinding'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
-- Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/Utilities/TileHandler.cs(6,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Poly2Tri' does not exist in the namespace `Pathfinding'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Hi

What version was that?
That error should have been fixed in 3.4.0.1.
Try deleting the AstarPathfindingProject folder and importing the package again.

Yeah, I’m using 3.4.0.1, and I get those errors. I downloaded it from the asset store and from this website, deleting the previous package and reinstalling it both times. Initially I get an “internal compiler error.” Then, after I restart Unity, I don’t get the compiler error anymore, but I do get the 9 errors listed above.

Well, still no luck on this end. Any chance there’s anything more I can try?

Hi

Try downloading 3.4.0.4, it might have fixed it…

I deleted 3.4.0.1, imported 3.4.0.4, and got the internal compiler error. I restarted unity and got the 9 errors from above again. I reimported the Plugins/Clipper/clipper_library.dll and the errors were reduced from the 9 I got before to these 2, which are both identical:

– Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/Utilities/TileHandler.cs(6,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name Poly2Tri' does not exist in the namespacePathfinding’. Are you missing an assembly reference?
– Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/Utilities/TileHandler.cs(6,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name Poly2Tri' does not exist in the namespacePathfinding’. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Hm…

Do you have two DLLs named Poly2Tri?
If not, try reimporting the AstarPathfindingProject/Plugins/Poly2Tri/Poly2Tri.dll file

Yeah, I do have two DLLs, one is Plugins/Poly2Tri.dll, the other is Plugins/Poly2Tri/Poly2Tri.dll. If I try reimporting the one you mentioned, I get an internal compiler error and have to restart Unity.

May have found what the issue comes from. I have an asset called Fracturing & Destruction in my game, that’s now throwing several warnings about Poly2Tri conflictions. If it’d help you I can copy them all here, but there’s 23 of them, so just let me know.

Well, I deleted Fracturing & Destruction to test my theory, and reimported a clean version of A* 3.4.0.4. The caution messages about Poly2Tri conflictions went away but the assembly reference errors I mentioned earlier haven’t changed. Sorry to flood you with this stuff Aron, just trying to get our indie studio running at full speed before the new year starts up. Thanks again for your help so far!

Would renaming anything fix the assembly reference errors, you think? I need to get A* running soon, I apologize, I know it’s a really busy time of year.

same here. exploder unity package too. same dll name

Thread bump

Hi

I have uploaded a new version (3.4.0.5) which has some renamings to the dlls and some other namespace fixes. Try that version and see if it works.

great job, aron! thx a lot, as always

Yeah, worked like a charm! Thanks Aron

Just imported the latest version (3.4.0.5), same errors, tried ReImport doesn’t work… any other ideas?

OK tried it on empty project and imported fine. Must be conflicting with something in main project, will dig a bit further.

I’ve just directly edited TileHandler.cs and explicitly stated the path to the following functions - Pathfinding.ClipperLib.ClipType.ctIntersection & Pathfinding.ClipperLib.ClipType.ctDifference which got rid of the compile errors. Found the conflict - SoundManagerPro has an enum ClipType and it’s not in it’s own namespace. Found it by commenting out ‘using’ in TileHandler.cs, adding ClipType class and then finding the declaration. Same method should work for other conflicts.